Saturday 19 September 2009

Listmania...

Here is a list of awesome goodies than are vegan (and yes, I know that so far my readership is entirely vegan and therefore this is entirely pointless, but I'm trying to get back to the original purpose of this blog, ie. proving that vegans aren't weird uber-skinny people who sit in dark rooms eating raw carrots and baked beans out of the tins whilst defaming their family for eating stuff they don't, and that it isn't impossible to feed this strange race of creatures):

Tomatoes. Nuff said.
Ok, no, not enough - sundried tomatoes.
Mushrooms.
Olives.
Olive oil.
Chocolate (vegan chocolate is way way better than the poor quality sugary milk-filled rubbish that most places sell)
Raw chocolate. Yes, it needed a separate point.
Bananas.
Raisins.
Figs.
Prunes.
Any kind of dried fruit.
In fact any kind of fruit.
Mangoes.
Tamari soy sauce.
Balsamic vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar.
Red wine vinegar.
Etc.
Chillies!
Chilli sauce...
Spices. The root of all deliciousness.
Ginger. I know it's covered, but it's special.
Fresh basil, rosemary, sage, coriander... and so on.
Coconuts, coconut milk, coconut cream, dessicated coconut...
Cashew nuts.
Hazlenuts.
Pine nuts.
See where I'm going with this?
Walnuts.
Ok, I'll stop.
Molasses.
Date syrup.
Agave, the sweetener of champions.
Jam.
Chickpeas. Oh wondrous little legume, bringer of nutrients and yum!
Tahini. See above comments.
Garlic.
Lots of garlic.
(I really want to list tofu, because I love it, but that is too 'vegan'. If only more people realised the wonder of it!)
Baked beans!
Most bread.
Hummus. Was there ever a better excuse to eat copious quantities of this.
Avocadoes. I think I may have a slight avocado problem, actually.

I think that'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment